The RACE by RedWhite Apparel
A RACING CHAMOIS
Taking the best elements from the chamois in , The BIBS, with changes to create a racing chamois. The RACE chamois is lightweight, dissipates heat extremely well & remains plush enough to help you get through hot & hard rides.
There are 3 key characteristics of The RACE chamois that makes it tailored for racing.
- The Base Layer – identical in density and thickness to The BIBS chamois. Gives our chamois its “oversized” & generous feel.
- The Mid Layer – formed using a high density foam that is 30% less dense and 16% less thick that the ultrahigh-density foam used in the same location on The BIBS chamois. This layer gives The RACE chamois is racier character in comparison to The BIBS.
- The Top Layer – identical in density and thickness to The BIBS chamois in order to maintain the same plush feel. Is perforated to create a dimpled surface for better heat dissipation.
- The result is a chamois that is lightweight and moves more easily with you.The same Italian Lycra and microdot grippers from The BIBS complete this package.
- HOW DOES IT COMPARE TO “THE BIBS”? The RACE is identical in Fit, Construction, Fabrics & Sizing as the long distance bibshort – The BIBS. The only differences are : The RACE uses a race-focused chamois that has a lower break-in period for immediate on-bike comfort on race day. The RACE mesh is White instead of Red.